Well folks I have made the big move from Ohio to Washington, DC. I reside in the neighborhood of Columbia Heights. Coming from a suburban area to a city, I have been noticing a few things. I am comforted by the sounds of helicopters, Spanish, sirens, and church bells. I did not bring my little Prius with me to Washington, DC. I am very excited to rely only on public transportation.
So far the Columbia Heights Metro Station staff have been very helpful and friendly. I recommend the signature drink made with pineapple vodka and blood orange juice at the Heights restaurant.
When I find time to explore, I plan to write about things seen and heard in and around my area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm imagining you at Heights restaurant getting to know the staff and regulars like you helped me do when I moved to Little Italy.
Haha. Not so much. It is more of an upscale kind of place. There is a local joint called the Wonderland, that has a beer garden. I might become a regular there.
Post a Comment