I have had a request to post more, so I am going to try to honor that request the best that I can. I was told to keep a notebook to write things down.
This week has been full of experiences.
The escalator on the south side of my metro stop is out of order. I do not mind the inconvenience, because it is a little bit of exercise coming up the steps.
Earlier this week, I was walking back from the gym and I saw about 6 rats within 100 meters. Yeah, yeah, I know I live in a city, but it was a strange occurrence. The rats were just looking for food and not caring who saw them. It seems that the rats knew about the daunting rain storm. How do they sense these things? I think the next time I see some rats out and about at 8pm, I will put my umbrella in my purse for the next day.
I did make a phone call the the Washington, DC Department of Health to report the rats.
To honor Earth Day, Washington Sports Club's Columbia Heights location has added Green Revolution technology to the spin bikes so they can produce energy for the club. I guess I will be reducing my carbon footprint as I reduce my flab.
It seems as it gets warmer, more people are walking their dogs in my neighborhood. I makes me smile to see happy dog. My favorite is this Bichon Frise that has long hair that looks like dreads and of course it lives in my favorite house on Kenyon St. It makes me miss my family dog a little bit.
The corner of Kenyon St. and Sherman Ave. there is a carving into the sidewalk that says, "Waffles?"
This Thursday, walking to my house I passed five cop cars breaking up some fight between teen girls. I am not sure what was happening, but at least I feel safe because there are plenty of police squads in the area. Walking by this ruckus, just made me smile and I loving where I live.
Friday, I had a great evening. I experienced typical DC happy hour at the Public Bar. The only saving grace was the roof top bar, great company, and the TV in the mirror. When the bar started to fill up with smokers, two of my friends and I went out for Indian food at Indique in Cleveland Heights. I really recommend it because of the atmosphere and the chaat appetizers were great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment