Sunday, April 18, 2010

Traveling....

Sorry about the long delay in posting. Last week, I got harrassed by some crazy lady at the park near my work. She started mumbling something that she wanted to mug a guy but didnt because I was staring at her. Oh life in the city!

I was in Dallas, TX for a conference last week. I was lucky enough to have time to see the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza that is dedicated to telling the story of JFK assassination. It was very surreal looking down at the grassy knoll where JFK was shot. There seems to be a calm around the area. JFK did great things like starting NASA, the Peace Corps, and expanding civil rights. Thank you President John F. Kennedy.

If you ever get a chance to go to Dallas, you should eat at the Pyramid Restaurant. They have a rooftop garden and use herbs and vegetables for their specials. Get the Walkabout if you crave some liquid libation, made with Johnny Walker, lemon, rhubarb syrup, cinnamon stick and a candied hibiscus flower.

The weather was great in DC this weekend! I was lucky enough to participate in a Earth Day celebration on my block by cleaning up the streets! It was fun and I made my neighborhood look better. I am lucky to live in a city where there are so many things going on in the area.

This weekend, the soccer field were full or action with school kids and adults playing the sport they love. I did find it pretty strange to smell weed coming from the playground in the middle of the day.

I got to meet a cute little puppy as I walked to grocery. My Giant (my grocery store) had rhubarb for sale so I plan to make my own Walkabout this week.

No comments: