Thursday, April 01, 2010

Sounds of the Heights

Spring has sprung!

An email went out at work this morning soliciting for a picnic at lunch. So a bunch of us, went down to Farragut Square and had lunch on the grass, shared stories, and received our allotted amount of Vitamin D.  Thanks to the Clay County Health Department, we were able to play Frisbee until we had to return to the office.  The people sharing the green space participated and caught the overthrown Frisbee.

I have started walking to the Mount Vernon Metro stop from my office for some extra exercise in the afternoon. On L Street, I found a table selling different earrings made from bottle caps, beads, twine, and plastic. I decided to buy a pair made from Tusker Beer caps. The man selling the earrings asked me if I have been to Africa. I rambled my list and I think he was pleased and shared with me that he was from Kenya.

This evening, I was lounging in my bedroom enjoying the music from either a high school band or Howard University's band. All of a sudden, I head Pure Romance by Lady Gaga. It was a very good rendition.

Everyday, I am enjoying my neighborhood more and more.

No comments: