Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Local Farmers' Market

Today, I ventured out to my local farmers' market, the Mount Pleasant Farmers' Market.  There were vendors selling organic eggs, cheese, meat, apples, jams, some vegetables and bake goods such as bread, brownies, scones, etc. It was the first of the season, and I expect it to get better. I will be checking out Dupont Circle farmers' market tomorrow. There are other markets located throughout the city and you can find the locations at Fresh Farm Market. I am excited about the location near the White House.

I did buy an amazing loaf of fresh bread that I plan to snack on later. 

Even though I did not get a photo of the farmers' market, I did take some snap shots of murals on the way there.

The above mural is on Kenyon Street and the below mural is on Irving Street.

No comments: